Saturday is National Love Your Pet Day, and based on a new survey, there’s no doubt that most Americans love their pets so much they’ll do just about anything for them.
The survey commissioned by JustFoodForDogs and conducted by OnePoll found....
- 72% of dog owners say they would have no issue putting themselves in harms way if it meant saving their pet from harm.
- 78% say they’d do so because they consider their dog a member of the family.
- Some pet owners love their animals so much that of the 79% of people polled who are in a relationship, 53% admit they kiss their dog more than their partner.
- 61% say they prefer their dog to some people they know.
- Overall, 70% of dog owners say they’ve been accused of spoiling their pet, but that doesn’t really bother them.
- Some of the ways respondents spoil their dogs include:
- Let them sleep in bed with owner (49%)
- Get up on the couch (46%)
- Make them their own dinner with human food (46%)
- Let them sit on owner’s lap (44%)
- Let them into the bathroom while owner uses toilet or showers (34%)
- Purchased custom decorations that look like their dog (31%)
- Made Christmas/holiday cards that feature the dog (28%)
- Let them take up more room on the bed/couch than owner (26%)
- Share water with the dog (13%)
Source: SWNS Digital
Photo: Getty Images